click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

A blog worth checking out...

I'd like to let you know about a blog I recently stumbled across. It's called 'Atheist Exposed 2'.
It's a blog by a Texas woman named Shirley Setterbo. She works in the Texas correctional system, and the blog is about her 'coming out' as an atheist. What makes her stories so striking for me is what a different reality she lives in Texas than I do in good 'ol heathen Vermont . The idea of having to be in 'the closet' as an atheist is so foreign to me. I remember reading her original blog back when she worked in a prison, and was just shocked at how people reacted. She worried about losing friends and her job. Even at her new job, where she recently put an atheist bumper sticker on her car, she's starting to feel the sense of 'otherness'.

What she goes through really makes me feel fortunate to live in a more tolerant part of the country. Can any of you identify with her?

No comments: