More wingnuttery to report from the enlightened holy state of Kansas. A teacher posting a picture of the beloved Flying Spaghetti Monster has been ordered to take it down. The FSM, as you probably know was a mythical creture created in part to mock the 'intelligent design' crowd who have somehow managed to sneak ID in the door in public schools in Kansas.
The Witchita Eagle reports:
Ridiculous.'The monster's picture has hung on the door since September or October and was put up there as a joke, Mousley said.
"It's a parody," he said. "It's just making fun of anti-evolution."
Mousley said he doesn't teach students about the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Also on the door is a Doonesbury comic strip about science, said board member Carol Rupe, who represents Wichita. She also voted against the new standards.
"It was two little pieces of paper on the door," she said. "It was poking good fun."
Gamble said she told the principal that it was his decision whether the monster could stick around.'










2 comments:
When I first saw this headline, I thought it was about me. FSM (my initials) vs. the American Taliban sounds just about right. I will be vs. them wherever and whenever. FSM = Francis Stephen McArthur, although I am not a mythical creature.
It was just wierd seeing FSM in the headline!
It should be noted that despite the fact that scientists say agriculture was first developed about six thousand years ago, we know it was really discovered by those good Christian men Adolph Coors and Ray Kroc.
But Steve, you ARE fighting the American Taliban, by your politicalinvolvement and your blog. Maybe I had a dual meaning when i put that in there....
Post a Comment