
I may have read a lot about the Third Reich, but I know very little German. I do know 'schadenfreude' is the term to describe taking joy in the misfortunes of your enemies. Lotsa reasons for that this week, so let's just go through a rundown, shall we?
I think I've mentioned this before, can we really trust polls when so many of them are touted by the same people that are spreading so much misinformation to begin with? And there's always that little problem of wanting to believe tham when you support what they're saying and vice-versa. I leave it to you to figure that one out...
2 out of 3 want the U.S. to pull out of Iraq, 55% call the attack a 'mistake', and 59% say that Bush can no longer manage the government effectively (link). Was there a time that he ever did manage the gov't effectively (or anything else for that matter)?
A CBS Poll has Bush at 34%! (link)
Goebbels *oops* Fox news has Bush at 39% (link)
Other polling results are in the 36 to 39% range. Bring it on!
A video of a FEMA briefing the day before Katrina shows Bush being briefed about the severity of what was about to occur, including the precariousness of the levees. The next day Bush told us, "No one could have anticipated the breach of the levees.' (link)
A prominent Republican and chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Duncan Hunter of California, has announced he will do everything he can to kill the sell-the-ports-possible-terrorist-supporters deal going down. (link). The rats are starting to jump this sinking ship.
More shady money dealings for Bush-coup-enabler and Senate hopeless Katherine Harris of Florida. (link)
It just goes on and on and on... I could probably give you twenty other things if I spent another five minutes, but if you're reading this blog on a regular basis, chances are you probably know about most of this stuff anyways.
So where is this all leading? A few scenarios... by the time election day rolls around, and every week up until then plays out like the last few, people will be screaming for impeachment. Maybe, in the interest of self-preservation, a few Repubs get on the bandwagon. The Dems take the Congress, grow a set of balls, and whammo, there you go. John Aravosis over at Americablog even raised the scenario of a resignation, far-fetched as it may be. I don't see that happening.
One thing to remember, to look at history for a minute...In 1972, Richard Nixon carried 49 states. You don't get more of a landslide than that (esp. compared to the 51% 'mandate' that Bush boasted about that had the staying power of, let's say, flyshit on a windowsill). In August of 1974, Nixon was toast, was about to be impeached and convicted, and resigned. Two short years, because all of the bullshit and lies couldn't be constrained anymore. Granted, we didn't have the proapaganda-spewing/ enabling media that we do today, but it illustrates the point how quickly something can come crumbling down under the weight of its own corruption, no matter how invincible it seems.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Friday, March 3, 2006
Schadenfreude update....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Thanks for the historical perspective, John. I'm actually starting to feel a bit optimistic...in a schadenfreude kinda way.
WE ain't outa the woods, yet, Nato.
Thanks for stopping by!
We need to concentrate all our efforts on electing progressives and liberals to replace the Republican and Democratic corporatists and neo-fascists in Congress. People need to give money and time to these candidates, they need to write about them, organize for them, and do everything they can to help them get elected.
Don't waste your time and words on the impeachment issue. It's not going to happen UNTIL CONGRESS CHANGES.
Oh, I'm not wasting time on the impeachment issue, just dreaming. A large part of me thinks that the Democrats are so incompetent, they'll still somehow screw up this next election. I have little, if any faith left in them , or in the intelligence of the American people.
I think a lot of housecleaning is in order, it's time to purge our party of the corporatcrats. Vermont's pretty safe, I'm going to try, in the coming months to focus on getting rid of Lieberman.
Post a Comment