Well, our jazz fest gig was even better than expected. Everyone played really well, and the energy was great. And we got asked back for a weekend instead of a weeknight. So that will be fun. We'll see how that goes. It seems like it could be a low commitment/high fun kinda deal, which is exactly what I want.
Get this... I'm the campaign manager for a VT State Senate campaign. Yup, that's right. It's for the former state rep from my town, smart leftie Democrat, in the good place on the issues. It's been a lot of fun, so far, not always easy. Part of the challenge is winning votes in the blue-collar, more socially conservative towns. I'm hoping that's where my rabid love and knowledge of political strategy will work out. I'm getting to meet a lot of people in the VT political establishment. A few weeks ago we had dinner with Doug Racine, who was the lieutenant governor under Howard Dean. We had a few beers and burgers and got some advice. Last week we met with Democracy for America, the grassroots organization that rose from the Dean presidential campaign. We might do some things with Bernie Sanders as well as some of the statewide Democratic candidates. Now that the cat's out of the bag, I'll keep you all posted as interesting things occur.
In other news, 3 weeks until vacation. Jenni and I are going to Washington state. We're getting into Seattle, then driving the North Cascades Scenic Highway. 2 nights of camping, then we're going to Stehekin. Stehekin is a small community with about 100 permanent residents that can only be reached by trail, horseback or a 55-mile boat ride, which is how we're getting there. No phones. We're going to stay at a lodge for a few nights, then backpack one night, then two more nights at the lodge. While there, we're gonna go boating, horseback riding and mountain biking. Then, it's back to Seattle for the weekend(I have a good longtime friend there). Then, out to the Olympic Peninsula for 2 or 3 more nights. That's kind of open ended, maybe the San Juan islands, or a night in the Olympic Forest and a night in the Hoh River Rainforest. Then back to Seattle for a few more nights, then home. It's gonna be quite the adventure for both of us. I was out there in 2000, when I went to the rainforest and I also climbed Mt. St Helens (which you currently can't do due to volcanic activity). Jenni spent 3 weeks in Italy in '01, but it wasn't a backpacking/camping kind of thing, so this will definitely be a new experience for her. We're both really looking forward to this.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Wednesday, June 7, 2006
Happenings...
at
10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Does the 'smart leftie Democrat' have a name?
Donny Osman of Plainfield.poczkx
Post a Comment