click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Happenings

Hooo boy, was I sick this Labor Day weekend, it started Friday night with the scratchy throat thing, next thing you know it feels like I swallowed some broken glass. I finally went to the ER on Monday because nothing else was open. Turns out to be a major sinus infection, as well as possible strep throat. Still not feeling even up to 75%, but the blog calls me. I had a great month with August, due in no small part to links from my fellow VT bloggers. I've already passed the 2000 mark, and am hoping to hit 3000 by year's end.

I'm not one to jump on the topic-du-jour of the Left Blogosphere, namely because those who make it the topic of the day do a much better job than I could ever do in covering it. But this latest ABC Television 9-11-was-Clinton's-fault-miniseries really pisses me off in a big way. As you probably know by now, ABC is planning a 9-11 docudrama to air over the 9-11 anniversary written by a reputed far-right author, that purports that Sandy Berger, Clinton's National Security Adviser, refused to give CIA operatives surrounding Bin Laden the authority to kill him. This is a total fabrication, as well as other key points in the story. Editor and Publisher has a preview of it, and it's definitely a hit piece on Clinton. Lots of Lewinsky, none of Bush's 'Pet Goat' moment, and his ignoring of the August briefing that said 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike United States' gets a complete revisionist whitewash. Also, strangely enough, preview screeners were made available to right-wing pubs and blogs, but mysteriously, no lefties.
Now, apparently, this is getting quite interesting because some members of Congress are getting involved. John over at Americablog has been following this story dilligently, like flies on shit, so I'd say he's your man to go to read more about this. Think Progress also has a campaign going to put pressure on ABC... I put a link to it right under the 'previously on FBC' links, but I'm not sure if the graphic is loading properly. There's still a link, please click and rant away.

Constituent Dynamics has a great congressional poll available online here. I hope it's accurate, because in the VT race, it's showing Dem Peter Welch with a whopping 14 point lead over Bush cheerleader Martha Rainville. That, as well as an announcement that the national Dems are cutting back a little bit on Welch's TV funding because they are more confident of a Welch victory, bode well for VT. We already know Bernie's gonna kick Rich Tarrant's ass, that's a given. Now if we can just do something about those Douglas and Dubie characters. Who knows, by November if things keep going the way they are, that anti-Republican wave can turn into a tsumami and hopefully take Douglas and/or Dubie down as well.

Speaking of Peter Welch, I was surprised to find a postcard in my mailbox from him today. Not the usual politician-mass-mailing variety. It was a quick handwritten note from Peter himself thanking me for my letter to the Times Argus last week. It was an abridged version of my Rainville. Wrong For Vermont. So There. post I wrote last week. You're welcome Peter, and thank you for the personal acknowledgement. Call me if you need a speechwriter, I'm in the book.

No comments: