Foggy day in Plainfield. Had a near miss with a chainsaw yesterday, but my Carhartts took the brunt of it. I still have two legs. Anyways, been light on the blogging this week; I've been playing catchup for the week I was sick. A few posts ago, I mentioned the soul-searching going on about 9-11, and about how so many Americans just didn't seem to learn anything from it. Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi nails it on the head, with 'Americans in Denial about 9-11':
"So, why did they hate us after all?We're a young nation. We don't have a thousand years of history behind us, as, say, Britain. Therefore we don't seem to know how to act like grownups, whether it be the way we fear sex, our hyperreligiousity, or any lacking sense of 'the common good'. And there's that nasty anti-intellectual streak I'm always talking about.We sure blew off that question nicely. As with everything else in this country, our response to 9/11 was a heroic compendium of idiocy, cowardice, callow flag-waving, weepy sentimentality (coupled with an apparently bottomless capacity for self-pity), sloth, laziness, and partisan ignorance.
We did just about everything except honestly ask ourselves what the hell really happened, and why."
Speaking of whiny babies, gotta show you something on the National Republican Committee's website, that illustrates my point about the level of maturity so common in the nation: 'DEMS' "ROSIE" VIEW ON WAR ON TERROR Cut-And-Run Defeatocrats Across The Country Take Their Cues From Hollywood Friends And Advisors'.
Yep. Cutsie-poo name calling.. the 'Defeatocrats'. How mind numbingly original. But are there too many syllables for their base to remember/comprehend/read? Now, I'm no fan of Rosie, I find her incredibly annoying. I guess if I were a houswife I might feel differently. What did she say that got the GOPanties in a bunch?
"Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America where we have separation of church and state." (ABC's "The View," 9/13/06)Ok, what exactly did she say that wasn't true? Have to figure that one out for yourself, the site doesn't say, it just goes on to show the numerous 'Defeatocrats'' Rosie has contributed to. It makes me wonder what kind of people the GOP is trying to reach using elementary-school level diologue. Maybe people that listen to this guy.
"And as a result of the [9-11] attack and the killing of 3,000 innocent people, we invaded two countries and killed innocent people ..." (ABC's "The View," 9/13/06)
"We are bombing innocent people in other countries." (ABC's "The View," 9/13/06)










2 comments:
did you just quote "the view"? oh man! I got to get you out of the house more.
Yeah, I quoted it, but didn't watch it, mind you. Some toolbox over at the GOP headquarters did the dirty work.
Post a Comment