AP:A recent AP-AOL News poll suggested about 38 percent of likely voters either have yet to make up their minds or could change their minds before casting their ballots.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Saturday, November 4, 2006
Who ARE these idiots?
at
10:48 AM
Labels: republicans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Makes me wonder if you and others seem to be forgetting about truly Independent-minded voters like myself J.D., so anyway, since I have yet to make my mind up about whom to vote for (considering I will no longer cast a vote for a candidate purely as a vote against someone else: i.e., a candidate has to be someone I believe is highly qualified for the office they are seeking and is also someone I believe reflects my general core values in order to actually earn my vote; since ours is supposed to be a representative democracy -- flawed as it is), so I guess it appears that makes one of those idiots.
That aside, thank you very much for visiting my blog and posting your comment on my most recent post there. Much appreciated.
Peace,
I'm sorry you feel that way, Morgan. It's not what I meant. I thoroughly understand your methodology for voting; it's a great one. To be more specific, I mean those people, in national elections, who, after all that has happened in the last few month, can't see the vast differences of what will happen in this country depending on who's in power. That's all I meant. I don't really think my comment applies to local races. I can see how many people could look at aour current crop of VT Wash Cty senate candiates, and not know who they're sure about. That's understandable; for the most part, all of the candidates have some redeeming qualities, politics notwithstanding.
Do you honestly not see a difference between Tarrant and Sanders, for example? How can someone 'not be sure' about who they're going to vote for by now, especially in a race like that? The only thing I can think of is they're not paying attention. maybe I'm not getting it, because I do realize that not everyone is a political junkie like some of us are.
Yeah, but it is what your title meant however (as I read it anyway): i.e., anyone who may not think and votes like you would on these matters, is an idiot; which is nothing much different than many of the extremists on the right (the positions taken are different (i.e., packaging), but otherwise it is all the same thing.
And, the Independents are dismissed, despised or looked down upon (read: contempt) as much as is felt for the other side.
All that is wanted is our votes (and money of course, lots of money, from those who have it to give), forget anything else.
It is like we are thought to be nothing more than cattle or pawns in a pitched battle than really has nothing to do with the issues either side says it does and it shows.
That is something I want nothing to do with.
I want my country back from all the extremists on either side, who really do not give a damned for anyone but themselves and their needs and agenda (which is very different than is said it is).
I see the differences really well, thank you, just not the same way you do or the way you or others think I should -- it sometimes seems anyway.
What you do not seem to get is you and I are operating at different levels, not that one is better than the other, because I do not think or believe that way; it is just different, that's all.
Sorry, but I simply do not think like you and do not want to be a Democrat clone or pawn some political operative (of any party or label [and not meaning you personally]) can try to guilt trip and manipulate.
No way would I ever vote for Tarrant, but Bernie lost my vote over what he did in 2004 concerning the Nader campaign and I will never ever vote for him again.
He was beginning to lose my confidence and vote already anyway prior to that, but I would have still voted for him before most likely. Not anymore though.
He is no Independent, he is a Democrat and has been so in practice for the most part, at least in D.C. where it counts and the Dems have been as much of the problem as the Republicans. Then he comes back here and spouts the same old tired rhetoric as if it is real and people buy it like it is. That may be fine for others, not for me, thanks. Is he good on some of the things I care deepest about, sometimes a little better than his opposite(s), but not by much and not always.
I do not see them as being any better and that is what we need, something both very different in real terms and better.
No way will I vote for Welsh and, while I still like Rainville, she has made certain position statements on various matters that causes her to lose my vote.
So the only choice I have is to either not to vote in those races or hope to find another candidate to vote for even if they will not win (and not as a statement either) or write in either someone else or none of the above (nota).
No one is going to bully me into voting against my conscience as well as what my core values are: i.e., what I believe in and the path I think this country should take and not simply the same old tired rhetoric either. Nope, no way.
I vote for people, not party label.
But who knows, maybe I will get pissed enough to boycott Dems (since they all look alike these days as well), like I am the VT Progressive Party candidates currently (and that is a whole another conversation; ask Jack McCullough and Odum about maybe why that is, they might have a clue [hint: think Vergennes, April and mental health as well as related matters]).
To suggest an answer for you last question: Maybe it is because people (like myself) do not like the choices handed us and are fed up about it.
So, sorry, but I guess in your eyes, that still makes me an idiot, the way I see what your original words meant anyway.
Morgan.. I understand you methedology as well. I can't agree more that you should cast a vote in favor of someone and not just against a canidate. The latter is why the 3rd party system lacks validity righ tnow. It's people who vote for a canadate and not simply against who will bring about real change to the party system.
That said.. jd is right. the election is tomorrow. it's respectable to be independent but not indecisive. get off your horse and make a choice.
I have to say, I completely, 100% respect your electoral strategy. You are a man of high principle. I don't agree with it completely. To me, nothing is more important than putting the brakes on the Bush admin. Nothing.
Sure, I'm tired off voting against people, too. It sucks. But remember, when the Repubs took over in '94, 29% of the electorate voted. Dems stayed home, and look at what we have to show for it.
I don't like the choices I'm handed, either. But I also realize that a candidate that would satisfy me even 80% could probably not get elected in this day and age. So what should I do? One thing is when Welch gets in there(which he will) is we need to be on his ass mercilessly about the issues that we care about, and if he doesn't listen, he needs to know that he'll face a primary challenge.
Regarding people not party... to an extent I believe this. I could never vote for a Republican under any circumstances, because I have fundamental disagreements with the basic Republican philosophy. I agree with the Dems in principle meaning that what they say they stand for (but more often dont' deliver on ).
And considering that who controls the House and Senate for the next two years will make a big difference in what happens here and in our world, I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that party doesn't matter at all. In this election, it does matter.
But like I said, Morgan, your voting philosophy differs greatly for mine, and I'm glad it works for you.
What you speak of is what Donny addresses quite well... government has become 'they' instead of 'us'.
On a side, what happened with the progs that pissed you off? Was it the forced medication issue a few years ago?
Oh, also, Morgan.. what's the Bernie/Nader thing you were talking about? Nader was right in that he didn't cost Gore the election; Gore did,as well as the voter shenanigans but he was unbelievably full of shit when he said there was no difference between Bush and Gore.. and he lost my vote because of that.
Post a Comment