click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Klahhane Ridge


When Jenni and I were out in the Olympic Mountains, we were driving up to Hurricane Ridge, a 5000' + lookout that lets you see the whole Olympic range. On the way up, we say a crazy ridge (that actually looked more like one of the Cascades), only 1.6 mile hike. We said, what the hell, and did it. It was steep, but with all the hiking I've done, I have to say this was one of the best ever. 25 swtchbacks took us up 1.6 miles and 1600 feet through gorgeous subalpine meadows, filled with wildflowers of all sorts. We got above the clouds and ate lunch on Klahhane Ridge, a bit under 6000 ' elevation. And the view was even better than Hurricane Ridge.



The king and queen on top of the world...

No comments: