click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

And he ate nachos and watched football with Homer Simpson

Gerald Ford was the first president I can remember. We had this special Time magazine about the presidents, and I remember him being the last one. It's funny how the media is spinning his legacy, as if letting shithead Dick Nixon off of the hook for Watergate, in the name of 'healing' was somehow a good thing. That said, I also hear a lot about Ford being the last Repub prez that wasn't evil.

What gives Ford a pass from me, however, is that great blaxploitation flick he made where he teams up with Billy Preston to rescue a kidnapped George Harrison. I think it was called 'Wild Ford Mustang' or something, originally intended to be a sequel to Isaac Hayes' 'Truck Turner', but Hayes pulled out at the last minute because of Scientology obligations:

On the other hand, the sequel, after the blaxploitation craze had run its course, was not nearly as good, as Ford tried his hand in the 'Not-So-Mod Squad', where his character teams up for a most unholy alliance:

President Gerald R. Ford, center, with Chief of Staff Donald H. Rumsfeld, left, and Rumsfeld's assistant, Dick Cheney,
on April 28, 1975. (By David Hume Kennerly -- Ford Library Via Associated Press)

No comments: