As I catch up on the news and see that Iraq has turned into an even bigger shitstorm over the last few weeks, and see increasing calls for withdrawl from all sides (including the upcoming Baker report), and I see our dipshit-in-chief's refusal to do anything but 'stay-the-course', I have a question that hopefully someone out there with a bit more knowledge about the legal workings of government can answer for me. Now, I know the Prez is the 'commander-in-chief' the armed forces. But is there any way to withdraw the troops without his explicit order to do so? I know about the politically iffy 'cut-off-the-funding' approach, but I'm envisioning a scenario maybe six months from now where things are even worse, and other than the executive branch, there is no support for the war anywhere else. What can be legally done?
UPDATE: I posted this as a diary over at Daily Kos today, as well. A few people responded. We're shit outa luck. But, please feel free to put in your $.02.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Friday, December 1, 2006
A Question for You Legal Experts Out There...
at
12:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment