click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Life is Good Without Christmas'

... So says an article in today's Times-Argus. I was both glad and surprised to see this. They talk to several Vermonters, including an atheist and a Wiccan, who do not celebrate Christmas. Big surprise? They're not the evil, wicked people we're supposed to assume they are, although I'm sure a wingnut or two will write a letter to the paper over the next week whining about the sacrilege in printing an article like that on Xmas eve, and how the people in the article are all going to hell. It was a refreshing read, especially in light of all this 'War on Christmas' stupidity we're hearing lately. I propose we start 2007 off with a 'War on Stupidity'. But that would be as futile as the 'War on Terrah', wouldn't it? You can't destroy all the stupids/terrorists, because five more will replace the one you got rid of.

No comments: