A few days ago I had a blurb on Pete Stark, a California congressman who has publicly declared his atheism. Apparently, his constituents are A-OK with it, so reports the Napa Valley Register. (granted, it's San Francisco, not exactly a hotbed of conservatism and intolerance, but hey, it's a start). From the comments, this one drives it home and gives hope:"Bravo Pete Stark, I am sure that Pete Stark is not alone as an atheistic member of congress. He is just alone in his courage. I hope that the courage is contageous. Shalom, Infidel"
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Tuesday, March 20, 2007
More on Pete Stark (Atheist-CA)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Old Congressman Pete Stark…of 35 years plus in Congress is not only an atheist, but he is just an 'old fart' so to speak who wants to piss off the world. He rants and raves at his constituents and is not a nice guy…he's not a "poster child" that any organization would want to represent them…atheists or otherwise. Check out where he denigrated a constituent who just returned from an overseas deployment to Kosovo…the soldier wrote his congressman (Pete Stark) and got this angry insulting voicemail back. (See the link to the Fox News video below).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djeGqNVXjZE
So, No...I don't think his constituents are A-OK with it...they're just glazed over with numbness to him anymore.
I will grant you that SF is not a hotbed of conservatism, but it is totally a hotbed of intolerance. If you dare to be right, you are wrong. SF is a typical liberal town - I will not discuss the merits of an argument with you, I will call you a racist and shout you down.
Post a Comment