Ok, last week was 'The Trip'(1967), starring Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper. It was kind of a 'hippie-exploitation' film, written by a young Jack Nicholson (connection to Fonda/Hopper-Easy Rider), and directed by B-movie king Roger Corman. Fonda plays a guy who gets turned on to LSD, with the resulting craziness that ensues making up the bulk of the movie. It's a trip, alright. Corman actually took some LSD prior to filming this so he could get a better idea of what it was all about. No cinematic masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it's a goof to watch.
Anyways, I'm throwing down the glove. Bill Simmon has gotten the last two films down. I can't let this happen again. Norbizness might know the answer to this one so if you click him enough, maybe he'll pay attention. So here's this week's film:Film, year, and director, please. Obligatory Stupid Trivia Question: What is the connection between this film and two rather famous spaghetti westerns?
UPDATE: Well that didn't take very long...Bill and Norbizness both got it...Feel free to guess before having a look. Try back next week, too.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Name that Movie (Stump Bill Simmon edition)
at
6:28 PM
Labels: name that movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
Sure I know it, it's one of my favorites. However, I'll let it go and let someone else answer. To prove it, John Woo was responsible for its recent restorationn.
I suspect you may be the only one to know this one... we'll see...
Okay, this one was a toughy. I had to do a little sleuthing, but....
Le Cercle Rouge (The Red Circle)
1970
Jean-Pierre Melville
Bonus question:
Gian Maria Volontè (Vogel) was in both A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More.
oh, and: blogger meet-up.
Saturday April 21st
Radio Bean in Burlington
1-6pm
email me for more details.
Well, then... I think next week, the rules need to change. Something has to be up here longer than a day...This is getting ridiculous.
Hmmm.. you seem to do a lot of 'research'... is it theoretically possible that you haven't seen any of these movies and perhaps you've memorized the IMDB? Perhaps I need to make this much more challenging...
I got your email on the meetup.. I should be there.
This was the first one you've done that I didn't have any firsthand knowledge of. I pieced it together from the actors and the general period and then used your spaghetti western clue to close the deal. IMDb was utilized, I confess. There's a better than good chance I'll see this film now though, after reading about it, so you're doing a public service here!
Post a Comment