click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Friday, March 9, 2007

Common sense from Idaho

I don't really know much about Idaho other than the fact that a lot of potatoes come from there, it's pretty white, and it seems to be a hotbed of far-right militia-lookout-for-the-black-helicopter types. I could be wrong. Anyways, I was surprised and pleased to read at the 'Americans United for Church and State' blog that Intelligent Design got the big 'no' from the science teachers:

Recently the Idaho Science Teachers Association (ISTA) stood up for science education and church-state separation by declaring that “intelligent design,” the latest variant of creationism, has no place in science class.

“In a public school setting we are charged with teaching methodology that’s been approved by the scientific community,” said Rick Alm, ISTA president. “It basically would be unethical to teach creation science or intelligent design because it is not science, and it does not belong in a science classroom.”

Alm added that his group is not “taking a position against religion; it’s just under the context of the law and public school setting, religion has its place, and it’s not in our science classroom.”

I think I'll have some Idaho Russets for dinner tonight.

No comments: