click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Monday, March 5, 2007

Rob Williams jumps the SVR ship

Rob Williams, the editor of VT Commons, is leaving Second Vermont Republic. Also, Bill McKibben's articles are no longer on the VT Commons site. He's unequivocally one of the good guys, so I'm not surprised by that at all. So that pretty much leaves Papa Naylor and that's about it. Rowley has more.

7 comments:

Charity said...

"arrticles"?

Are those stories written by pirates?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have three boys. I hear pirate jokes all day long sometimes.)

J.D. Ryan said...

aw geez, the spell police. You' re not cutting me any slack this week, are you.

Just wait till the BBQ..

Charity said...

I'm not the spelling police. (I hate them almost as much as I hate the grammar police!) I just thought the pirate joke was funny.

Charity said...

HA! The funniest thing just happened. I was scrolling down to look at your labels (out of curiosity) and my 10-year-old son was standing behind me. When he saw the "what movie is this from?" picture of the woman with the eye patch on, he said, "Is that a pirate?"

They couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard.

(I need to get out more.)

J.D. Ryan said...

I know... Actually, I AM the head of GASPAC. The Grammar And Spelling Political Action Committee.

As you probably figured out after meeting me face to face, I don't offend easily.

So... I have to ask... what's your issue with racism (in that you tune it out)? That stuck in my head that night. You're not one of those cons that doesn't think it exists, are you?

J.D. Ryan said...

That movie with the girl with the eye patch is probably the LAST movie on earth you'd ever show to a child. Full of lotsa really nasty sex, violence, and nasty, violent sex. It's something I watched out of morbid curiosity because it's considered a 'cult film', but it was pretty disturbing. I felt like I had to wash after seeing it.

Girl, you be spending too much time here! You keep this up and I'm calling the cops.

Charity said...

"So... I have to ask... what's your issue with racism (in that you tune it out)? That stuck in my head that night. You're not one of those cons that doesn't think it exists, are you?"

I was planning on writing a post on that because I knew you had to be wondering.

"Girl, you be spending too much time here! You keep this up and I'm calling the cops."

Yeah, I probably do. I was online a lot yesterday because my kids had a day off from homeschooling due to an injury. I don't really visit as often as the site meter says, though. I sometimes hit this by mistake when I am trying to go to another blog that is near it in my book marks.

But, yes, JD, I am bordering on stalking you.