CBS to Imus: Yer Done. Now that wasn't too hard, considering Imus' hateful comments are well-documented. Now if they can just do something about Glen Beck...
Watch the LGF crowd piss and moan about this again, because white men are soooo persecuted in this fine country of ours, right? Poor Imus was just a victim. And also watch them try to make this about Sharpton (who I don't like either). Black people are apparently only responsible for the actions of other black people. And all those nasty rappers. Problem is, Sharpton and 50-cent didn't say those words. Imus did. Of course they're gonna be pissed. He's one of them. And Sharpton now says he's got his sites trained on the hip-hop scene. We'll see where that goes.
I'm sure FOX will hire Imus, or perhaps he can be Malkin's monkey sidekick now.
UPDATE: After sleeping on this whole Imus thing, I have to say, to be honest I'm sort of torn because of the free speech issue at hand here. I feel no sympathy for Don Imus whatsoever, any more than I would for George Wallace. It is also made more complex by the notion that part of why he got the axe was because people of color who worked at NBC and CBS actually expressed their concerns about it. I can't say that I'm upset at the idea of one less raving bigot on the air, but there's still something about this that doesn't sit right with me. I think the Rude Pundit really sums up the same thing I'm feeling about this, more or less.
The really messed up thing which is much harder to address is the fact that this idiot has such a huge audience. That's where the real problem is.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Thursday, April 12, 2007
Buh-bye, Imus
at
4:19 PM
Labels: conservatives, racism, rude pundit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
JD,
Think you'll find this interesting. It's called "It's Not Just Imus."
http://mediamatters.org/items/200704120010
Post a Comment