click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Name that Movie

Ok, Bill Simmon has humiliated me once again. He got last week's movie, which was Jerry Schatzberg's 'Scarecrow', a 1973 so-so picture starring Gene Hackman and Al Pacino as a pair of drifters on a road trip. The Obligatory Stupid Trivia question (which Bill DID NOT get) about the Goldie Hawn connection...there's a scene with some hooker in a bar harassing Hackman's character. The hooker was played by Eileen Brennan, who played the person in charge of Goldie Hawn in 'Private Benjamin'.

Ok, here's this week's scene:

Name, year, director, please. Obligatory Stupid Trivia Question: What is the Vermont connection?

Also, in the interest of allowing as many people to try as possible, I won't confirm the right answer if it appears in the comments until next week, even if several of you get it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might have gotten me this week. That's a damned enigmatic frame. They look kind of like musketeers, but the soldier is decidedly conquistadoric in his attire. The front dude's wearing furs so I'm thinking Europe or the northeast of North America is the setting. Taking into account your Vermont clue, I'm going to make a wild, haymaker swing at an answer. I've actually never seen this film but my guess is...

Film: Black Robe
Year: 1991
Director: Bruce Beresford

Stupid trivia question: Jean Brousseau portrayed Samuel de Champlain in the film AND actress Tantoo Cardinal, a Lyndonville resident who starred in a couple of films by VT filmmaker Jay Craven, is also in the movie.

Am I close?