Ok, Bill Simmon is now 5 for 5, which makes me think he's the only one coming here and doing this. Nevertheless, I am a glutton for punishment.
Last week's movie was Bruce Beresford's 'Black Robe', a 1991 film about a French missionary's journey up the St Lawrence River to go and convert the Huron Indians. It is a truly top notch film, with amazing scenery, incredible story, and first rate acting, probably in my top-10 films of all time. I'd highly recommend it. The Obligatory Stupid Trivia Question about the Vermont connection? Well, the guy in the phoo is explorer Samuel de Champlain, he who our famous lake is named after.
Ok, here's this weeks movie:
Name, year, and director, please. Now, I've finally figured out that my Obligatory Stupid Trivia Question more often than not ends up being a hint. That hopefully stops today. The only thing is to just remember the connections in these questions are often very tangential. What is the connection between this movie and Weather Report? Take that, Bill.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Name that Movie
at
10:14 AM
Labels: name that movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Hey, J.D., I'll jump on this one.
I don't know all the answers, but it looks like Vanishing Point, starring Barry Newman, from about 1970, maybe 1971. I went to see it in Indianapolis on the way back from a cross-country trip, and when the film ended and the lights came up none of us could remember what city or state we were in.
Good choice.
By the way, it's way better than the remake starring Viggo.
Jack
Jack... thanks for playing. You'll have to check in next Wed though, to see if you are right...
Thanks for reminding me! Yeah, I'm going to bow out and admit defeat. I will say that the gentleman in the frame doesn't really look like Cleavon Little to me, but it could be Vanishing Point. If he's right, I'll point out that Jack didn't name Richard Sarafian, the film's director.
Post a Comment