Now that I finally stumped Bill Simmon with last week's NTM, my life is complete, I'm selling all of my possessions and moving to Tanzania. Well, no, not really. But I am downgrading my Name that Movie feature to an occasional occurrence.
Anyways, last week's movie was 1971's 'Play Misty For Me', starring and directed by Clint Eastwood. it was his first film as a director, about a studly jazz DJ who has a one-night stand with a woman who becomes rather unhinged and quite dangerous when she realizes it was just a one-nighter. It was a great, suspenseful movie. Oddly enough, two people guessed 'Vanishing Point'.
The photo was Eastwood's hip pot-smokin' DJ buddy Al Monte, played by James McEachin. I had to smudge the call letters on the microphone, for they were for jazz radio station KRML. Considering that their brand new current studio is in the 'Eastwood Building', I figured it might be a bit of a giveaway.
The trivia questionabout 'Weather Report'? A scene takes place in the movie at the real Monterey Jazz Festival, where Cannonball Adderly and his band are performing. The keyboardist was Joe Zawinul, who later went on to form the popular fusion band, "Weather Report", with saxman Wayne Shorter.
click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Name that Movie takes a break...
at
9:03 AM
Labels: name that movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment