click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Monday, April 2, 2007

Vermont Secession in the WaPo

Don't want to write too much at this point, considering they're pretty much kaput and not worth the electrons, but Second Vermont Republic's Frank Bryan has an article in the Washington Post. Now, if you read it, it's the typical stump speech we've heard a million times before, 8 percent poll, imperialism, blah-blah. Conspicuously absent is any mention of the brouhaha of the past months or the fact that they've completely lost the support of the VT left. And if you wanna read something funny, read red state America's reaction in the comments.

UPDATE: VT's alternative weekly, Seven Days, has stopped distributing VT Commons. They say it had nothing to do with the SVR controversy. Uh-huh. Sure. Rowley at VT Secession has more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you post this SVR stuff cause you support it or think it's a hoot but I wish you would stop. It's not even a pipe dream it's so ridiculous. It resonates like a patchouli militia statement. I simply cannot think of a more assnine cause than this (other than say the liberation of Iraq). As a dedicated reader I beg of you; throw down your sword and surrender.

J.D. Ryan said...

It's more or less done, my friend. The only reason I spent so much time on it a while ago is because it was important to a certain segment of lefty Vt'ers. SVR is toast now, so I don't think you'll be hearing much more.

Anonymous said...

Is there anything to the fact it was published on April 1st?

J.D. Ryan said...

Actually, odum over at Green Mountain Daily called the WaPo to see if they knew about the racist thing. They didn't, and they said they've actually had the Bryan article for some time, so it they had it way before any of this took place.