click here for the new...
FIVE BEFORE CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO A BIGGER AND BETTER PLACE! PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE BANNER TO GET THERE, AND DON'T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW LOCATION. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Monibot in the Guardian on 9-11 conspiracies...

I've never been big on the more far-fetched 9-11 conspiracies (like the U.S. Gov't blowing up the Towers, etc. ) I saw 'Loose Change' and although it does ask some questions, much of the 'answers' stretch the limits of credibility. By no means do I buy the 'official story' by any strectch of the imagination, it's just that there are an awful lot of factors that would need to line up to buy some of the more adventurous theories, and when looked at on the macro level, they just don't add up, any more than the official story does. I think the truth lies somewhere in between... BushCo might have very well had prior knowledge, was extremely incompetent or both, saw how they could use it to their advantage (considering that this country reacts like a 4-year old child in these situations), and bam, there you have it. George Monibot in the lefty UK Guardian had this to say:

The next evident flaw is that the plot they propose must have involved tens of thousands of people. It could not have been executed without the help of demolition experts, the security firms guarding the World Trade Centre, Mayor Giuliani (who hastily disposed of the remains), much of the US air force, the Federal Aviation Administration and the North American Aerospace Defence Command, the relatives of the people "killed" in the plane crashes, the rest of the Pentagon's staff, the Los Alamos laboratories, the FBI, the CIA, and the investigators who picked through the rubble.
Now before you jump down my throat and somehow suggest I'm working for COINTELPRO or something, remember, I'm skeptical about everything. I just don't let my Bush hatred get the best of my imagination. There are a bunch of unanswered questions, but there aren't exactly any answers coming to the forefront with any kind of irrefutable proof. I'm not satisfied from the official story any more than I am by the conspiracy theorists, for both explanations leave many more questions than answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why there needs to be a real investigation. Have you seen Press For Truth>9/11: Press For Truth?

It's all facts with no hidden anti-bush agenda or wild theories and as a documentary makes every other documentary on 9/11: It follows the families battle to have the 9/11 commission and the failures and ommissions in the comission report.