Think Progress is reporting that John McCain, in his perpetual bend-over for the GOP nomination, is delivering the keynote address to the Discovery Institute, the think-tank most responsible for getting the intelligent design assault on science into the public sphere. Problem is, like just about everything else McCain says nowadays, it's the opposite of what he's said in the past. Today:
McCain has an ambiguous record on whether he supports intelligent design in the science curriculum. In 2005, he said it should be taught:
Last year:Daily Star: Should intelligent design be taught in schools?
McCain: I think that there has to be all points of view presented. But they’ve got to be thoroughly presented. So to say that you can only teach one line of thinking I don’t think is - or one belief on how people and the world was created - I think there’s nothing wrong with teaching different schools of thought.
Daily Star: Does it belong in science?
McCain: There’s enough scientists that believe it does. I’m not a scientist. This is something that I think all points of view should be presented.
“I think Americans should be exposed to every point of view,” he said. “I happen to believe in evolution…I respect those who think the world was created in seven days. Should it be taught as a science class? Probably not.“About the only thing he's got going for him at this point is the people he's trying to pander to tend not to pay too much attention to hypocrisy, inconsistency, and fact-checking. Keep digging that hole, John. Gonna play well with the swing voters.










No comments:
Post a Comment